Thursday 30 August 2007

Loraine Verghese The English Channel Swimmer

At 0730 hours on Sunday 26th August 2007, Loraine together with her support swimmer and her Pilot left the shores of England to swim to France. Thirteen hours and fifteen minutes later she clambered onto French Rocks in the complete darkness having conquered the Everest of all swims. Loraine swam in order to raise funds for the Jack Brown appeal, and should be delighted and very proud with her achievement. Congratulations Loraine, we never doubted you for a minute!!. When Kelly first met you at Dover she said to me "She will definitely make it, I can just tell" Here are a few photos from the swim, I will shortly be posting an interview with Loraine where she will tell us all about her build up, the swim itself and life after the Channel.


2 comments:

Loraine said...

SUNDAY AUGUST 26 th 2007 will remain a very important day in my life because it was a day that I proved I could take up a challenge and complete it well and also it was a day when I realised I had so many new friends who had wished my crossing to be a success.
My heartfelt thanks to my rock -My mum who has been soooooooo patient with me and also thanks to my daughter Jodie who is too young to understand the significance of this challenge but will one day ............when she swims it !!!
Thank you Mark for making me feel so special ........the english channel made me feel humble .
Good luck to all who try to conquer it ........Just stay focussed !!!!!!!
The very best of luck to you next year ..........You will do it !!!!

Loraine said...

ME again!!! Would like to add a very special thanks to both ANDY KING (MARKS future pilot) he was remarkable as he guided me through the relentless tide which kept me from landing on french soil and thanks to Hoffy (my support swimmer) who stood by me and despite not having to supportme during my swim he gave me all the support I needed just by being there ........
and to end this comment ......Mark
GO GREAT GUNS ................ THE ENGLISH CHANNEL AWAITS YOU ........
ENJOY ALL THE MOMENTS IT WILL LAST A LIFE TIME