Friday 10 April 2009

Prodigal Son


Being Easter time I thought the title quite apt...I finally returned to the pool this week having been out since September last year..I swam a very brief masters set with Stockton ASC and can assure you that my aerobic fitness has disappeared. Last year my swim fitness was very good, I could easy manage 1000m in 15 minutes and used to really like the 10km sets with little rest between each km.

That level of fitness is some distance away now and will take lots of time and effort to regain. When I next swim I plan to do 1000m time trial so I can judge where my training is heading.

I am entered in the Great North Swim on one of the Saturday waves. I will be doing the River Tees swim and a few others when the entries eventually open.


Now however I have a back spasm and have no idea when I will be able to get back swimming.

Hppy Easter...don't eat too many eggs!

5 comments:

Bruce Stewart (施樸樂) said...

Six months is a long break. Anyway, I guess you need some kind of a break after last year and all the preparation and training, etc. Hope you can get your speed and distance up without unnecessary discomfort. Our older son recently mailed an application to a college in the UK (in Surrey). We'll see how things develop.

Enda Kennedy said...

great to see you back

still out with knee

Enda

Cricket said...

I saw you commented on my blog- Thought I'd check out yours!
Funny how quickly we slide back when we stop doing something- You'll get it back- and you'll be stronger. Good Luck and Many Blessings!
Cricket

M said...

Hey thanks for the comments people, Enda nice to hear from you, have you started in the cold again yet or are you waiting til 2010.

Bruce, you are neary there less than 100 days now til your race day.

Enda Kennedy said...

will do a few swims in the summer

Chicago tri athlon august

NY Marathon tenth in a row NOV 1

2010 Chnannel swim PG (and you)

FANCY COMING OVER 19TH SEPT FOR THE 4TH BALL.

Dont say no yet

Will be in touch.
Rang you a few times and left a message