Friday 12 June 2015

Cheating ?

In preparation for Sundays BLDSA Wykeham Event (just 5km freshwater, my time for which is generally about 1h 38 minutes) I returned to Ellerton on Wednesday 10th June for another 2 hour swim (6278m), whilst I was pleased with my form, distance covered and especially the recovery, it did feel like I was cheating with the water up to 16 degrees. The training will be of benefit at the afore mentioned event but will be of little use for the BLDSA Champion of Champions Event at Dover the following weekend.

Last night I was analysing the GPS route for the latest 2 hours and decided to play around with some of the additional Suunto Movescount features. Below the ever present map you will see a short animation, which is made available in around 60 seconds at the press of a button within the app, probably more usefull for the cyclists and fell runners featuring changes in altitude, but you get the idea.

My acclimatisation process must be having the desired effect if I felt like a fraud on Wednesday. Once Sunday is out of the way I will need to find some cold water for a few dips next week. Fingers crossed for Dover Harbour to be above 13 degrees for the CofC.




P.S. Just been to the 'The Mecca' for a quick dip before the school run. I was expecting the North Sea water to be 11 degrees and was strangely disappointed that it was nearing 13, the sunshine on ones back does make an enormous difference.

Related posts:
Champion of Champions 2011
Open Water Tests with Suunto Ambit 3
Pool Tests with Suunto Ambit 3

No comments: